About

You might expect this blog to be about traditional Anglo/Celtic music. And whilst that is true, it is more than that. The blog is about the music of Anglo/Celtic people, old and new. So that includes both traditional music and modern styles. The blog is a collection of YouTube clips by performers who appear to be of Anglo/Celtic origin, or similar.

So while there will be Celtic music (the Corrs, Julie Fowlis, Sharon Shannon, etc) there will also be American country music (Martina McBride, etc) along with rock/pop, Christian, classical, some folk dancing, etc. The Transatlantic Sessions are probably my favourite style.

So the blog is not primarily about music style, but about a family of musicians.

Enjoy the show. Comments are welcome - especially if I mess up the Gaelic lyrics.

PS - I'm not trying to collect all performers of Anglo/Celtic origin, just my favourites. And if there is one style of music I insist on, it is: down to earth, unpretentious, and civilised.

You can also follow watch I'm currently watching on youtube at:
youtube.com/actunesblog

0 comments:

Post a Comment